The Academic Decathlon is a ten-event competition in which students demonstrate their knowledge in the following subjects: Literature, Social Science, Science, Art, Music, Economics, Mathematics, Essay Writing, Speech and Interview.
Here are some highlights of this year's competition:
- Vista del Lago has been competing in the Academic Decathlon for the last three years. 2019= 18th place, 2020=10th place, and 2021=5th place! WE MADE THE TOP 5!!
- This year we had another full team; three students in each of the competition levels (Honors, Scholastic, and Varsity). We also had our first 9th grade student compete!
- We had 5 students who earned medals. There are three medals (Gold, Silver, and Bronze) awarded in each category in each of the ten events amongst all participants.
- Andrey Howse(12th grade) GOLD Honor in the Essay Category. THIS IS 1ST PLACE OUT OF ALL COMPETITIORS! AWESOME!
- Sarah Pawloski (12th grade)SILVER Scholastic in the Essay Category
- Megan Guzman (11th grade)BRONZE Scholastic in the Essay Category
- Diego Ventura (12th grade) SILVER Varsity in the Essay Category
- Gabriel Reyes(12th grade) BRONZE Varsity in the Super Quiz Category
- Out of the 9 Medals available in the Essay Category, Vista del Lago won 4 of them!!!
- The team consists of the following students: Alyssa Armstrong, Darlene Sicairos-Lopez, Andrey Howse, Sarah Pawloski, Angela Garica, Megan Guzman, Gabriel Reyes, Diego Ventura, and Anneth Reyes. If you see have any of these students, please congratulate them! I am very proud of all of them!